How A/E/C Winners Embrace Business Development
Recorded On: 12/10/2019
Scott Butcher, FSMPS, CPSM, aecumen LLC
Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 2–3:30 p.m. EST/1 p.m. CST/Noon MST/11 a.m. PST
“Everyone's a marketer,” or so the adage goes. But is that really true in your firm—or even the most important aspect? In reality, focusing on marketing and business development together are what makes a firm successful.
You might be wondering: Why should we add business development to our culture when it’s not part of everyone's job description? Because every employee needs to think about building business, no matter their role in the firm. And to think about building business, every employee must:
- Understand what makes your firm unique
- Espouse the brand and articulate the value proposition
- Know how to recognize a lead when they see it
- Understand their role in the business development (BD) process
A/E/C winners of tomorrow will truly embrace a firmwide business development culture to empower all employees to contribute to their firm’s BD success!
Our December webinar will serve as a call to action to build and maintain a BD culture at your firm that leads to sharing ideas, best practices, and resources for driving BD. You’ll learn how to grow your organization and become more valuable to your existing clients. A BD audit and gap analysis will also be shared as well as tips on matching every member of your team with their BD skillset.
Session Learning Objectives
During this program, attendees will:
- Recognize industry and client trends driving the need for a firmwide BD culture
- Audit their practices to determine how their business development culture currently stacks up at their firm
- Prepare actionable steps to elevate the BD skills of employees within their firms through training and education
- Identify the potential gaps within their firms that are preventing implementation of a firmwide business development culture
Scott Butcher, FSMPS, CPSM
Principal/Owner, aecumen LLC
Scott D. Butcher, FSMPS, CPSM, has more than 25 years of experience in the A/E/C industries. He is principal/owner of aecumen LLC, past director of SMPS HQ, and past-president of the SMPS Foundation. He has given more than 275 presentations to local, regional, and national events of SMPS, AIA, ACEC, SAME, PSMJ, Deltek, and others. A widely published author who has written 20 books, Scott also writes the Marketropolis blog on ENR.com and has written more than 200 articles and blogs for A/E/C media. He is a Certified Professional Services Marketer and an SMPS Fellow.
SMPS webinars are approved for 1.5 continuing education units for the Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM) program and 1.5 learning units from the American Institute of Architects. Recordings of SMPS webinars are approved for 1.5 CPSM CEUs.
Per-Site Registration Fee*
SMPS Member Site Registration: $199
Nonmember Site Registration: $259
*Remember: webinars are open to your whole staff. Your team can participate from one location in your office for one fee. Register today and benefit from affordable, convenient, actionable learning and earn valuable CPSM CEUs and AIA LUs!