Master This: Make Your Podcast Stand Out
Podcasting is one of the fastest growing mediums in today’s world. However, few podcasts truly meet the needs of their intended audiences and stand the test of time. In this course, you’ll learn everything you need to know about podcasting to either get your existing podcast back on track or make an informed decision if podcasting is right for you and/or your firm.
Module 1: Let’s Make a Game Plan: Know Your Why, When, What, and Who
There are plenty of reasons to start a podcast. They’re fun, popular, and create opportunities and audiences that are unique. There are also a few reasons not to start a podcast. In this module we’ll go through the pros and cons of podcasting and identify your target audience and hosting dynamics.
- Establish the need your podcast meets/will meet (value proposition)
- Identify target audience
- Understand podcasting statistics
- Identify your podcast structure and game plan (worksheet)
Module 2: The How. The Technology and Equipment You’ll Need to Succeed
After we have established why we want to start a podcast and who our target audience is, we can dig in the details of how a podcast can be recorded, edited, and dispersed. This module digs into the available technology, how to budget for a podcast, and the resources you will and won’t need depending on the goals you’ve set for your podcast.
- Understand the technology and equipment available for podcasters
- Learn how to distinguish between the features you need and don’t need
- Establish a baseline budget for podcasting
- Dive into the differences between social media channels
- Decide how much time you’re willing and able to spend on a podcast
Module 3: Now What? How to Maintain your Podcast and Measure its Success
Getting your podcast up and running is the most exciting part of the process but the maintenance is what will help your podcast stand the test of time and truly succeed. Most podcasts don’t make it past a year, and there’s a reason-they’re hard to maintain! Successful podcasts require consistency, dedication, and a lot of heart. Aside from a long-lasting podcast we’ll also discuss several metrics that you can use to determine the success of your show. We’ll also touch on the various platforms available to you to promote your podcast alongside the types of content that can be generated from existing episodes.
- Create a podcast maintenance plan
- Understand the best ways to promote and re-use existing content
- Understand relevant metrics and which to pay attention to and why
- Explore data from social media and website analytics to track results and influence strategy
Owner, Adiuvo Marketing
Keelin is a creative thinker and problem solver with a focus on thoughtful interactions throughout the A/E/C industry. She is invested in marketing efforts that produce smart strategies and help her teams serve their communities. She is the owner of Adiuvo Marketing and the host of the AEC Marketeer podcast that explores A/E/C marketing and beyond.